BAGUIO CITY (May 4, 2021)— Contact tracing czar and Baguio City Mayor Benjamin Magalong cannot vouch just yet tracing application StaySafe.PH as “highly reliable”.
The IATF ordered the mandatory use of the app by local government units and national agencies on November last year.
Magalong during Tuesday’s government briefing said, the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) is still studying the application due to “lack of documentation.”
“Insofar as the DILG is concerned, nasa study and learning status pa po sila. Yan po yung talagang kulang pa po ang documentation na binigay ng StaySafe kaya hindi pa po natin makumpleto at masabing categorically na highly reliable na po itong StaySafe,” Magalong said.
The contact tracing czar stressed, “kailangan pa po pag-aralan, ayusin pa at ayusin po pati yung documentation, enhance pa further ang kanyang functionalities.”
The app’s developer Multisys Technologies Corp. turned over StaySafe.ph to the DILG in March.
The DILG intends to integrate StaySafe.ph with the LGUs’ respective contact-tracing apps.
Artemio A. Dumlao