Mt. Pulag National Park has generated a total of P4, 186,433 collection from 20,820 local and foreign visitors during the first and second quarters of 2017.
The collection for the first semester in Mt. Pulag National Park nearly surpasses the P4, 734,096 collection last year from a total 28,751 local and foreign visitors recorded.
Said report was culled from the statistical data of Protected Area Management and Biodiversity Conservation Section (PAMBCS) prepared and compiled by Daisy Moresto and Marrah Lei Matias assigned in Mt. Pulag National Park Protected Area Office.
The collection emanated from payment entrance fees, rental/camping fees and administrative cost under Republic Act 10629 entitled An Act providing for the retention by the Protected Area Management Board (PAMB) of seventy five percent of the revenues accruing to the Integrated Protected Areas Fund (IPAF) under the Protected Area Retained Income Account (PARA).
Under said law, 75% of the collection will redound to the benefit of the protected area and the other 25% will be remitted to the central IPAF.
Former Mt. Pulag Protected Area Superintendent (PASu) Emerita Albas explained that the collection is fully accounted. “The board will approve all expenses to be spent in the protected area.”
The PASu emphasized that collections are being used “lawfully for the operational expenses and maintenance in Mt. Pulag National Park Office and the protected area including the wages and salaries of the contractual employees.” With this, the park management hired already sixteen contractual field workers on site for its maintenance and protection.
Albas reminded to continue preserve the protected area by orienting the visitors on environmental protection. She added that they always remind the visitors not to collect any forest product within the park which may imbalance the ecology as this is a clear violation under Presidential Decree 705, as amended.
Teber Dionisio has succeeded Albas and currently the PASu in Mt. Pulag which falls under the administrative jurisdiction of the Community Environment and Natural Resources (CENRO) Baguio headed by officer Rainier Balbuena. Albas is currently the PASu of Upper Agno River Basin Resource Reserve.
Mt. Pulag has the highest peak in Luzon at 2,926.034 meters or 9,600 feet above sea level. It is the third highest mountain in the Philippines, next to Mt. Apo and Mt. Dulang-dulang.
The park is famous for its “sea of clouds” and the view of the Milky Way Galaxy at dawn, which has attracted many tourists who wish to see its beautiful scenery. IAN JEFREY ADDATU, PR / ABN
GOV. RAFY CALLES FOR CONTINUED LA UNION PROBINSYANIHAN AT PROVINCIAL POLICE 121’ST POLICE SERVICE ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION
Affirming the Provincial Government of La Union’s support to the Philippine National Police’s commitment in securing a peaceful and...