Tuguegarao City Extends MECQ Until May 14

JUST IN

BAGUIO CITY (May 6, 2021) – The local government of Tuguegarao City is extending its MECQ status until May 14 only.

This, against the Cagayan provincial IATF’s recommendation that the status goes all the way until the end of the month.

President Rodrigo Duterte earlier placed the entire Cagayan province under general community quarantine until May 14.

Tuguegarao City mayor Jefferson Soriano earlier via Executive Order no. 64 placed the Cagayan Valley capital under extended MECQ from May 1 until May 7, 2021.

Soriano though said they are expecting a downtrend of the active cases, a total of 921 cases are active as of Thursday.  “An the City Health Services Office is expecting more.”

On April, Tuguegarao City had been considered as the Cagayan Valley region’s epicenter of Covid19.

As a response to the health crisis in the capital, Soriano bared that they are expecting additional isolation units to cope up with the situation.  There are five 100-bed isolation units present in the city with additional two more 100-bed isolation units, the mayor said.

The Philippine National Police is also due to share 25 nurses from its ranks and the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) to man the isolation units, Soriano added.

In the extension of the ECQ status until May 14 in the city,  Soriano further bared,  they will allow 50 percent dine-in services in restaurants, which is a 40 percent increase from the earlier prescription of the earlier EO issued.

While beauty salons, barbershops and nail spas are still permitted to have 30 percent seating capacity.

Friday last week, Tuguegarao City has logged 4,394 total confirmed cases.

Artemio A. Dumlao