Baguio City Has Six More COVID19 Cases

LOOK

BAGUIO CITY (August 2, 2020) – Baguio City logged six fresh cases Sunday of the coronavirus disease (Covid-19), bringing the total confirmed cases here to 115.

The city’s Public Information Office said that five of the new patients were infected by a person tested positive last week.  The five are three females ages 49, 70 and 60, while two are males ages 78 and 45.

The sixth is a 37-year old male from Ferguson Road. 

Thus bringing the total cases in this city to 115 including one that was reported late by the PIO-Baguio on Saturday.

Baguio City information officer Aileen Refuerzo said, “one more case was added to the three reported yesterday (Saturday)  – a 23-year old male from Kias (barangay) –  bringing the total to four.”

Baguio has 57 active cases against 55 recoveries.

Baguio City reported on Friday, its third COVID19 death — a 65 year old male from barangay Engineer’s Hill. It also logged a single case on Friday —  a 23-year old female from San Roque Village.  While a recovery, a 35-year old female from Middle Quezon Hill, was also reported.

Mayor Benjamin Magalong has placed San Roque Village and Engineers Hill under lockdown.

Abra also reported its first death, the fourth in the region, an 85-year old woman from Padangitan, in Danglas town who came from Antipolo City on July 15.

“AC13” arrived home already with Covid19 symptoms and swab tested. Her result came out positive and died at 9:19PM Friday.  She was cremated 12 hours later.

In a report from PIO – Abra, Gov. Jocelyn Bernos expressed her deep regret “with the loss of another precious life.”

Bernos reminded her constituents to observe minimum health protocols while also ordering a province-wide curfew from 9PM to 4AM in an effort to thwart the spread of the virus.

Abra also logged nine new cases today bringing its total active cases to 18 and confirmed cases to 29.

While Kalinga capital  — Tabuk City — Mayor Darwin Estrañero said a 33 year old policeman assigned at Liwan East barangay is the newest case of COVID19.

The policeman is from Mt. Province but has quarters at the Kalinga Police Provincial Office (KPPO) compound, according to Estrañero.

The cop, who is asymptomatic, was swabbed by Provincial Health Office (PHO) personnel and has been in isolation at the Kalinga Provincial Police office at Camp Juan Duyan in Tabuk City.

Mayor Estrañero said Kalinga police director Col. Davyy Limmong, patient “K33” will be transferred to the City Isolation Unit in Agbannawag for management and observation.

Estrañero assured public health personnel in Tabuk City are at their heels tracing contacts of the policeman.

With the policeman, Tabuk City’s active cases climbed to 12, while other Kalinga towns have 9 active cases.

In Benguet, two new cases were reported Sunday, bringing its total active cases to 24.

One of the new cases involve a 23-year old male vegetable dealer from Padcal, Philex Mines in barangay Camp 3 of Tuba town.

Lockdown has been ordered in this mining community by Gov. Melchor Diclas to “facilitate complete and efficient contact tracing, and to ensure the safety and security of persons who may have come into contact with the patient.”

In Itogon, a small scale miner from sitio Lumbag of barangay Ampucao here has tested positive and the 10th cases from this mining town. The patient is now confined at the Benguet General Hospital, said Mayor Victorino Palangdan, who has declared a lockdown in the said sitio.

Palangdan likewise ordered the Municipal Hall including all department offices closed tomorrow, August 3, to facilitate thorough disinfection.

Palangdan said: “This is after the Contact tracing Team reported that close contacts of the municipality’s ninth Covid-19 case have frequent engagement in the vicinities of the Municipal Hall.”  The Muncipal Hall will be open on August 4.

In Apayao, four recoveries were reported Saturday.  The province has 13 recoveries and three active cases from its 16 total confirmed cases.

Ifugao had three recoveries on Saturday active cases went down to nine on 18 confirmed cases total.

One patient from Mountain Province recovered also over the weekend as active cases went down to two from five confirmed cases.

Artemio A. Dumlao