Baguio Folk Reminded Anew To Observe COVID-19 Safety Protocols To Avoid Second Wave Of Infections

JUST IN

BAGUIO CITY (May 25, 2020)–  Baguio residents were reminded anew to strictly abide by the basic Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) precautionary measures to maintain its improving health outlook as the city is looking forward to exiting from its General Community Quarantine status.

The city had so far opened 80 percent of its businesses under GCQ last May 21 and added more starting May 25 thus the need to be doubly conscious of the COVID-19 health and safety protocols, said Baguio City Mayor Benjamin Magalong.

“We can win against this disease so long as we do not let our guards down.  We will not slacken in our resolve to keep the virus at bay while we slowly open up our economy,” Magalong said.

Magalong issued a memorandum before the weekend directing offices to ensure the strict implementation of city ordinances on the mandatory wearing of facemasks and strict observance of physical distancing at all times and in all places.

The mayor said it is crucial that these rules be strictly observed especially in critical business establishments frequented by people.

Baguio City has only two remaining active cases now with only one death and a total of only 32 cases since the pandemic started almost two months ago.

Artemio Dumlao