INITIAL GCQ GUIDELINES IN BAGUIO ON BUSINESSES AND TRANSPORT:
The city government of Baguio will adopt and implement a calibrated lifting of quarantine protocols to ensure that the general population is not exposed to possible COVID-19 carriers.
To avoid public confusion, Baguio Mayor Benjamin Magalong has clarified that local government units under the general community quarantine (GCQ) may adopt localized/modified protocols in their respective localities.
In today’s presser with Baguio journalists, Magalong reported that among the sectors that are allowed to operate on a limited scale by May 16 are:
4.Burnham Park only
5.Salons and barbershops
Market – same schedule during ECQ (twice a week)
ON PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION:
– Border control will still be strictly implemented.
– Only “small” public transportation will be allowed in the meantime.
– only those with prior coordination with the LGU of Baguio for the transport of stranded students/residents from other LGUs.
– Daily travelers from outside Baguio who are required to report to work by May 16 has to secure a travel permit.
– Returning residents have to pre-register online and follow other protocol. Refer to official website of baguio for downloadable form.
– Commercial travel is disallowed.
– operation is from 6am-6pm
– PUJs from LISTT area will be allowed
– same protocols during ECQ
– same fare set by the LTFRB. Overcharging not allowed.
– 180 units to be allowed to operate on Monday
– Operation will be on rotation basis as arranged by respective jeepney associations.
– 300 units allowed to operate on Monday.
– Drivers required to implement ECQ protocols including installation of plastic sheet between driver and passenger (number of passengers not mentioned)
D) MOTORCYLCE ANGKAS:
-allowed, provided passenger is the spouse.
– private and government projects resume provided there is prior inspection from city government for assessment of the project.
– construction workers required to undergo checkup at CHSO.
– special permit (to resume project) to be issued by LGU
– contractors to provide isolation facilities for their workers at their own expense.
– As of Wednesday, 20 construction projects will resume.
– Allied industries such as sand and gravel, hardware were allowed to operate prior to GCQ. Schedule during GCQ not mentioned.
ON BURNHAM PARK:
– Open on May 18, 5am-8am only
– Running/jogging allowed
– Separate quarantine pass for fitness activity
– zumba – limited to 15 participants only at 2 meter distance between participants.
ON MEDICAL CLINICS:
Preferably by appointment to avoid crowding in clinics.
– follow ECQ protocols
– operation is three days per week only.
ON SALONS, PARLORS AND BARBERSHOPS:
– Oriented on occupational health and safety guidelines
– implement ECQ guidelines/protocols (barbers will wear mask, disinfect)
– three days a week operation only.
ON BIKE SHOPS:
– implement ECQ protocols
– 5 days/week operation
– Religious gatherings still prohibited.
-24 hour curfew still in place.
The localized GCQ guidelines will be assessed periodically and will be modified accordingly.
An executive order containing the complete guidelines will be released on May 15.