CAR’s Two Cities Being Ravaged By COVID19

JUST IN

BAGUIO CITY (August 13, 2020) –  Cordillera highland region’s only two cities —  Baguio and Tabuk are being ravaged by COVID19.

Baguio City recorded its highest fresh cases in a day so far Thursday with 25 new cases, though ten recovered.

The age and gender of the new patients are —  30 F; 28 F; 31 F; 31 F; 31 F; 36 F;  21 F; 31 F; 43 F; 20 F; 28 M; 26 F; 54 F; 40 M; 33 F; 40 M; 60 M; 29 F; 30 F;

51 F;  8 F; 69 M; 27 M; 24 F and 56 F.

Baguio has a total of 89 active cases as of Thursday, 6 deaths for a total of 214 cases since the pandemic.

Mayor Benjamin Magalong, the country’s contact tracing czar, said tracing teams are now on the double to expedite contact identification, testing, isolation, quarantine and medical protocols.

Lockdown orders will also be issued as soon as validations have been completed, while at least twenty barangays were placed on lockdowns with the emergence of new cases.

While Tabuk City has 8 new cases, said Mayor Darwin Estranero.

The first case is a 23-year-old male AFP applicant from Bulanao Centro who arrived from Manila on August 7.   He will be transferred to the City Isolation Unit (CIU)/Temporary Treatment and Monitoring Facility (TTMF) in Agbannawag.  He is asymptomatic.

While the second case is a 43-year-old male PNP personnel from Dagupan West, who arrived in Tabuk from Quezon City on August 8.   He is quarantined at the Kalinga Police Provincial Office but will be transferred to the CIU/TTMF. He has displayed symptom of cough, added Estrañero.

While the third case is a 21-year-old female from Casigayan who arrived in Tabuk from Baguio City on August 8.   She is quarantined at St. Theresitas’ School-CIU but will be transferred to the CIU/TTMF. She is asymptomatic.

The fourth case is a 24-year-old female front liner from Masablang barangay, who has no travel history but was on duty at the CIU/TTMF.   She was swabbed on Aug. 10 and isolated and managed at the CIU/TTMF. She is asymptomatic.

The fifth case is a 32-year-old seaman from Lanna who arrived in Tabuk on August 8 from Greece.   He is quarantined at the Tabuk City Central School-CIU and will be transferred to the TTMF.  He is asymptomatic.

The 6th case, also an asymptomatic, is a 31-year-old female OFW from Bulanao Centro who arrived in Manila from Macau on July 30 and travelled to Tabuk on August 7.   She is quarantined at the Tabuk City Central School-CIU but will be transferred to the CIU/TTMF.

The 7th case is a 50-year-old male working at DPWH-Lower Kalinga from Bulanao Centro who arrived in Tabuk on August 10 from Baguio City.   He is quarantined at DPWH-Lower Kalinga quarantine facility and will be transferred to the CIU/TTMF and an asymptomatic patient.

The 8th case is a 49-year-old female OFW from Cabaruan barangay who arrived in Manila from Hongkong on August 6 and travelled to Tabuk on August 10.   She is now isolated and managed at the CIU/TTMF. And also an asymptomatic.

Mayor Darwin Estrañero who placed the total active cases in Tabuk City at 18 again reminded his fellow Tabukeños to abide by all health protocols, while urging everyone, especially minors and senior citizens, to stay home.

Artemio A. Dumlao